In order to truly understand the mission statement above I would like to include definitions of the words used:
COURAGE: Strength in the face of pain and grief; the ability to accomplish something in spite of fear.
EQUIP: supply with the necessary tools/items for a particular purpose; prepare someone mentally for a particular situation.
EMPOWER: make someone stronger & more confident, especially in controlling their life, claiming their rights.
EDIFY: to teach someone in a way that improves the mind and character
ENCOURAGE: give support & advice to someone so that they will do or continue to do something.
We at Conversations of Courage believe …
- that women were fearfully & wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)
- that women are HIS workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
- that women have been set apart (Jer. 1:5 NLT)
- that women can take COURAGE in HIM (Deut. 31:6)
- that women are protected by HIM (Psalm 32:7 NLT)
- that women can walk in confidence (Prov. 3:26)
- that women will triumph through trials (James 1: 3-4)
Conversations of Courage will spread the message of God’s empowerment via small groups, this blog / website, and speaking engagements at Women’s Conferences and any venue where there is a group of women, young and younger.